Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A little off the path

So today has caused me to contemplate my relationship with God. For those of you who truly know me, you know that I tend to be a pendulum in this arena. I believe in God, but have a hard time with the formal religious beliefs. I like the liturgical year in Christianity, there is a rythym and flow that gives me a sense of peace. Other religions also hold beliefs that ring true to me and the sense I have in the core of my being is God is God.

I miss time spent daily with God. I miss the community of worshipers and time spent in prayer. I miss belonging to a church family. So why do I let it go? If I had an answer I would fix it. I tend to lean on God in the dark times. I still remember to give thanks and bask in the wonder He has put here for us, but know that this is not "all in."

So how often do I pray for helps for me but ignore praying for others? (I do pray for others but not in a daily mindful way.) I have friends whose faith inspires me daily to work on this relationships. Strong women and men whose faith is evident in how they are in the world. Yet, still I don't walk the way I wish.

For those of you so inclined, pray for me, my family, and God's will (which is always the scariest prayer for me, for His will not mine) and His blessing. And help me as I work to get back to where in my heart I want to be but keep getting distracted by ...look, yellow bird!

Jeremiah 17:7-8 (New International Version)


 7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
   whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
   that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
   its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
   and never fails to bear fruit.”


No comments:

Post a Comment