Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

The waiting is the hardest part.

So we plan to finally tell Dad about the news. Sunday is D-day! I know my mind will not change based on his reaction but it doesn't make it any easier. I know he must be lonely without my mom but he does need to understand that K and I are ready for some adventure.

Speaking of adventure, we are considering our Christmas plans and our summer plans already. Christmas is a a mystery, I think we will decide based on cost. I will no longer have traditional holidays anyway. (Maybe for the the grandkids...) But this is my AWESOME for summer. Kr is getting married in August so we will fly home. then we will look for a repositioning cruise to Europe and then train trip to Turkey (or somewhere) then a flight home. I have always wanted to "backpack" across Europe and this will be the "mid-life crisis" version. Will it work out, who knows, but what the heck! So what would you do? Where would you go? I just want to see all the things I haven't so that is a big bunch of choice.

Wish us luck for Sunday! 

2 comments:

  1. Cruise then train? You mean...LAND TRAVEL?

    This sounds positively amazing. I am jealous of your genius and may copy your plans (sans wedding, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you really think Daddy is lonely?

    ReplyDelete