Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Back to a state of anticipation

So I had a little medical scare that had me thinking I would not get to make my planned move to Abu Dhabi. Fortunately it was just a false positive but it lead me to think about all the changes we are making and the impact they can have. We are literally selling everything and moving halfway around the world. We are taking a leap of faith that all will be okay, not perfect but different, interesting, learning experiences.

I am a huge what if person. So I have to try to put a positive spin on that. Let's see some Emily for that:


I dwell in Possibility--
A fairer House than Prose--
More numerous of Windows--
Superior--for Doors--

Of Chambers as the Cedars--
Impregnable of Eye--
And for an Everlasting Roof
The Gambrels of the Sky--

Of Visitors--the fairest--
For Occupation--This--
The spreading wide my narrow Hands
To gather Paradise--
~Emily Dickinson

So we move forward, embracing a minimalist lifestyle (except for the shoes dammit!). We look forward to the journey and trust in God that the destination will be there we it needs to be there. I think what I look forward to the most is time to be a couple, to learn again why we stay together, what makes us a good fit. K continues to amaze and infuriate me on a daily basis. In so many ways he is the boy I met 25 years ago. I look at him and my heart is full. And then of course I want to slap him because he opened his mouth. So we shall see!


2 comments: