Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I have memories - but only a fool stores his past in the future. ~David Gerrold

So with this in mind, the process of letting go has been bittersweet. Yesterday K and I went through 3 tubs of correspondence that spanned our 25 year relationship. From notes passed in high school to letters to Korea and beyond.

I guess what amazes me the most, is even though neither of us believe we have changed we have. From the first fits of infatuation to the enduring love I know we have there have been many bumps (boulders, black ice, etc) in the road. I think when you have longevity you can better see the minuscule nature of the fight that occurs today. i hope both Kr and Ka can navigate the roads they are both on. Compromise is never easy but it is necessary for  progress.

Most of what we went through is destined for the burn pile. Somethings are too personal to leave to be sorted by others. We did save a few things here and there for later perusal, but most items needed to be filed only mentally.

Off to continue to cull the wheat from the chaff (this is really hard when it comes to books). I wonder how many books = 50LBS?
R

No comments:

Post a Comment