Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

It all started with an email


So I decided to start looking for something new to do as my current job was no longer meeting my needs and desire for professional growth. (Read I needed a change and my back really hurts from being parked in a chair 12 hours a day). On a whim, I signed up for the statewide teacher job list. Pretty cool site with lots of listings in one place.

Out of the blue I get the email pictured above and laugh, "Where's that, um, don't think so." But I don't delete it. Now for those of you who do not believe in divine intervention, you must understand that 90% of my email is read then deleted as to try and cut down on the electronic clutter. Plus, I was pretty sure getting K back to the desert wasn't happening!

Fast forward a few days and I happen to bring this up with K. As we discussed it, we decided that "nothing ventured, nothing gained" and I applied. I received a call and a phone interview and an invitation to interview in person for the Abu Dhabi position AND a Hong Kong position.

After much debate, deliberation, soul searching, it came down to 800SQFT. could we manage living in a shoe box. Uhhh...no.

And what do i know of Abu Dhabi (More than I thought thanks to Cindi reminding me of Garfield!)



But of course I went into full Tara ResearchGirl mode. So now I will be sharing things with you as I prepare for my journey. Let's see what happens when ducks are never in a row, their just askew!

No comments:

Post a Comment