Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm here...no really, I am!

Asalaam Alaikum and Ramadan Kareem!


Well today ends the second week in Abu Dhabi. I landed safe and sound on August 6th after an uneventful 13 hour plane ride. We were whisked from the airport and taken to The Yas Hotel on Yas Island Abu Dhabi, home of  a Formula One racetrack and marina. Check it out here! The hotel is about a 30 minute plane ride from the city and is quite apart from almost anything! 


For the past two weeks we have been shuttled to and from medical checks, police checks (at 2AM!), and an overview of our role here. I feel blessed as I have a placement in the city and have had an altogether smooth process thus far. 


Abu Dhabi is a pretty amazing place and we have felt quite welcome here. I have not taken a lot of pictures as we have been either very busy or very tired. Hopefully the next update will be a bit more detailed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment